We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. Who are we?
Renewable Energy Services Team (REST) is committed to sustainable living through the design, manufacture, sale, and provision of eco-friendly energy products and services. REST is committed to respecting your privacy.
Our registered office is located at 264, Northdown Road, Margate, CT9 2PX. Our contact details are:
Phone number: 0333 012 9034
2. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and your use of this website
- Personal information provided to us for the purpose of registering with us (including personal contact information such as your name, email address, telephone number and address)
- Information relating to any transaction carried out between you and us on or relating to this website
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us
4. Using Your Personal Information
- To meet our obligation under any contract we are party to, including contracts to process orders from you for one/some/all of our services. This includes taking payments from you through our payment services provider – PayPal, support services and delivery of such orders.
- For general administration of the website such as to improve your browsing experience by personalising the website; enable you to use any/all of the services available on the website; send goods and services you purchased via the website
- To send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- To send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications; email notifications that you requested; newsletters and other marketing communications relating to our business or our products that we think might interest you and through email/other technology, if you have specifically agreed to this. (You can terminate this at any time)
- To provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
5. Disclosures of Information
In addition, we may disclose your personal information;
- To the extent required by law to do so
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceeding
- To others to prevent fraud and other criminal activities
- If our business or asset we sold or are contemplating selling is acquired by a third party. Personal information about our customers held by us will also be transferred.
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
6. International Transfer
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States and other countries) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Although, these countries do not have a strong data protection law similar to that of the EU, we require that your information be processed according to the EU laws on data protection.
7. Security of Your Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring the security of your information. In order to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information, we have put in place electronic, organisational precautions.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
8. Policy Amendments
9. Your Rights
REST recognises that your personal data is your property. Thus we won’t use it in ways you don’t want us to. However, we may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
- Request that we give you a copy of the information we have about you
- Request that we correct any information about you
- Request that we delete or erase any information about you
- Request that we restrict how we use your personal information
- Object to the collection of your personal information
Should you wish to complain, you can contact directly on any of our contact details. All complaints will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
In the unlikely event that you are not completely satisfied, you are entitled to lodge a complaint directly with the appropriate authority.
For the United Kingdom, the authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the regulator who makes sure that we use your personal information in a lawful way. Its contact information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
11. Data Retention
We keep your data to enable us to fulfil our contract with you and to discharge our services to you, while you are our customer.
We will store your personal information for up to six years after you cease to be our client. This is to enable us to refer to our records in the unlikely event that you want to lodge a complaint against us within six years.
If you do not object to marketing or unsubscribe to our marketing emails, we will store your personal information for marketing purposes until you exercise your right to object or unsubscribe.
12. Third Party Websites
This website contains links to other sites. We have no control over the other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
1. Cookie Types
The cookies we use are Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies
Session cookies keep track of you whilst you navigate the website, and to allow such functions that require you to login to access additional functionality. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser
We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
However, if you wish to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies as well as more general information about cookies is also available at http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
3. List of Cookies We Use
|Name of cookie||Purpose|
|phpsessid||A PHP session allows a website to pass data from one page to another by allowing us to store user information on the server for later use (i.e. username, shopping cart items, etc.). However, this session information is temporary and is usually deleted very quickly after you have left the website. Sessions work by creating a unique identification (PHPSESSID) number for each visitor and storing variables based on this ID. This helps to prevent two users’ data from getting confused with one another when visiting the same webpage.|
|wp-settings-2, wp-settings-time-2||These cookies are used by operate the website software we use to help manage blog specific site pages. This cookie expires when you close your browser.|
|_utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmv, __utmz||A web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of the News App and compile reports for us on activity on the News App.Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using the News App, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.For information on how to reject or delete this cookie, click here: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html.|
4. Cookies set by Third Party sites
We sometimes need to embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page with content from sites like these, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control these so you should check the relevant third party website for more information.
If you share information on this site with friends through social networks e.g. Facebook or Twitter you may be sent cookies from these websites. We do not control these cookies so please check the relevant third party website for more information
5. Other Third Party processing activities
If you shorten our site URLs, for example on Twitter or Facebook, we may use services such as goo.gl, bit.ly, tinyurl.com and ow.ly to do so, and our site works with these to rebrand our URLs as a https://rest-uk.com/xxxxx link. Also our website sometimes offers features that allow users to share links with social networks and our site may shorten that URL using one of these services.
These services provide us with anonymised, aggregated statistics relating to the use of our shortened URL, for example by telling us how many times it has been clicked on. We do not have access to the IP address of your computer collected by these services or any other identifiable information about you. Nor do they have any access to data collected on our website.
For more information on these services please see below: